Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Piano Playing

Consider that I started my piano lessons late in third year high school. And I spent only a duration of two years of it until I went to Manila for my college education.
Considering too that I never had a piano of my own, not until the late nineties. I used to practice my pieces at my neighbor's (Bebot) house. My children too, they used to have their lessons with their cousins at Luna and Tina's place. We did not have a piano at home until I bought one for I wanted my twin girls to be able to play good.
For I was never good. I had no ear for music. I was slow in reading notes and my fingers and touches were too strong. The only thing that worked for me was my persistentcy. And my husband Lucas was the only person patient enough to listen to my repetitive hard rending piano pieces. Hahaha!
Anyway, Lately I bought a new book - Book I of The Bigger Beginners' Supplementary Book by Priscilla Halili Enriquez. They are very simple but I am extremely happy to be able to play familiar tunes like Moon River, For He's a Jolly Good Fellow, As Time Goes By, If Ever I Would Leave You, The Nearness of You, etc and two Filipino songs..'Minamahal' and 'Dahil sa Isang Bulaklak'. I don't play perfectly well but hehehe.....There is no substitute for self satisfaction. Hahaha!

2 comments: