Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Ten Days in Manila

My husband Lucas and I went to Manila for 10 days. Those 10 days seemed like a month for we were able to do many things aside from celebrating Lucas 70th birthday on July 11 and  July 12 which was earlier posted in my blog.
For those 10 days:
1. Lucas and I had our blood chemistry done. Lucas had his check-up and he was given a clean bill of health by his urologist. I was also able to see my ENT and my eye doctors and everything was all right too. (except a dead mosquito was found in my left ear and it was soon taken out by my doctor. hahaha. Gross!! I really did know something was wrong with my ear.)
2. I attended the wedding event of Lenibelle Taeza, now Lozano. (also previoulsy posted)
3. I more or less supervised the pest control work in attempt to terminate rats and cockroaches at my home. Martha and Marion were pretty scared to heear scratching sounds inside their ceiling for few nights. I wanted to make sure it was properly done to my Quezon city home without accidentally harming anybody in the process. The terminator guy though knew his work well. I was glad that there was no infestation yet so far. Maybe just a strayed bat or bird.
4. I borrowed my brother Wilson carpenters and was able to successfully fix the leaking third floor bathroom ceiling many days ahead, before Typhoon Basyang came howling down unexpectedly.
5. Stayed awake all night listening to the scary howling of the winds while Lucas slept on liked a baby. The lights all went out before midnight. When the storm hit Manila, the family was thankfully safe at home.
6. We commemorated the death anniversary of grandson Tyler on July 16 with a mass.
7. Went shopping and fetching children specially Martha and Marion from work.
8. Resolved our Meralco bill problem for the month of June.
9. Went to Delta office and bought international tickets for our trip to USA.
10. Lucas took down the unsightly toppled gatepost lamps knocked down by Typhoon Basyang.
11. And we enjoyed relaxing evenings with my children and grandson at home.
All in all a pleasant and fruitful 10 days vacation in Manila.

2 comments: