Pages

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Summer Holiday! Coron, Palawan

Leg three:
My son Roy arrived Manila from Seattle on May 2. He was barely over with his jet lag when we flew to our next summer holiday destination on May 3. We went to Coron, Palawan together with my husband Lucas, my brother-in-law Domingo, his friend Cerio, my sister-in-law Rosita and my daughter Martha. We were 7 excited first time travellers to Palawan. We really did not know what to expect. It turned out we were not wrong in booking for our package vacation. The stay was pleasant and packed with worthwhile sightseeing, climbing, swimming, trekking, snorkeling, and mini safari activities. The food was good, our guide was efficient, the resort owner and staff were hospitable, the town was clean and unspoiled and the town folks were friendly and honest. It was a most enjoyable vacation. Although the holiday was not considered as a laid back relaxing vacation, yet we had lots of fun testing our prowess with the wilderness and our own fitness. Surprisingly lucas, domingo, cerio, these our senior guys were still very apt and fit. It turned out rosita and I were the least fit of all. During the first day climb to Mt. Tapias, my left hip was really sore. Rosita was worse, she could not climb too far. Her leg muscles were painful and she did not know how to swim. Yet, despite my hip ache and heaviness (haha), I was able to do and finish all of the activities required for the guided tour. Rosita on the other hand despite not being able to physically participate was able to keep herself amused. Came night time, we had massage almost every night. Hahaha!
I like to thank my brother Wilson and niece Janah for recommending this vacation and the resort hotel as well. A really great holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment