Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

boxing champ

I have never been an avid fan of boxing, even with manny pacquiao as our central unifying hero, still I follow up pacman news just like any other interesting national/international sporting event.
Last few months when I heard people talking about the bout "who do you think is going to win?" Even if the questiion was not directly directed to me, just as long as it was within my ear shot. I readily gave my answer.
"Pacquiao of course! Look at his fists and knuckles. They are big and broad. Compare to those of cotto at their latest pictorial, you will see that pacman's fists are double the size and two times wider than those of cotto." Several times, people gave me a quizzical look, as though they hadn't seen the barehand 'fist to fist' pictorial.
"Of course manny pacquiao is going to win." I added "TKO yan sigurado" I said with conviction.
Yesterday morning after the mass, I had snacks with some friends. I heard the same question asked. "Who do you think is going to win?"   Again I gave my logical reason for Manny having extra big fists and knuckles against his opponent. They of course gave me the quizzical look again.
Yesterday afternoon, I did not get to watch the fight on tv. I took my afternoon nap at 12:30 pm and had a wonderful good sleep despite the din outside the gasoline station and our housemaids watching the fight on television at the sala with the big volume on.
I was having wonderful dreams. Yes, didn't I know who was going to win?! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment