Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2008

January 2008

The last batch of children left for Manila this afternoon and all is quiet in the home front tonight. I busied myself cleaning up the mess they left behind. I lit up the Christmas lights and lanterns for the Feast of Epiphany which formally ends the Yuletide season today. Tomorrow classes resume for 2008.
While trying to keep myself busy, I took stock of what transpired in 2007. To sum it up, 2007 was truly a good year for me and my family:
1. We had family reunions and get-togethers aplenty, whether they be in Cotabato, Manila, or USA. We got to see Lehua (Lucas sister), Domingo (Lucas brother), Grace (Lucas niece), Roy (our son), Jeremiah (Lucas nephew) as well as other relatives and friends in different time and places. Capping the event was the family homecoming last December 2007 where Tom and Angel and baby Dylan, and Martha, Marion and Emil came home to spend Christmas and New Year in Cotabato.
2. There were also promotions, salary increases, graduation, work opportunities, bonuses and good grades among members of my family.
3. Most importantly, God has generally and individually blessed us with peace, harmony and good health.
I have so much praise and thanksgiving to give to the Lord, for which I continue to pray for more graces to come. May we all have a happy outpouring of gifts and blessings this year 2008!!! Happy Epiphany to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment