Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

long and eventful July

Today is August 2 and I heave a sigh of relief. Not that I don't like the month of July but that so many things had happened last month that I had to cope up with a lot of concerns. I prayed for things to turn out right and thank God everything has come out good.
1. To begin with, I dismissed my new house-help on July 2 for not coming home the second time after a sunday's break. I was busy looking for replacement as there were lots of cleaning up to do at home. I found two stayout helps soon enough.
2. The family driver had a slight car incident on July 6 in Ateneo. Distressingly, the other car owner was not very rational. It was a good thing that Marion acted logically and sensibly. As I was not in Manila, I prayed to God to enlighten the other party and hoped for the insurance agent to decide rightly. Our car was brought for repair and returned good after two weeks. There was no further claim from neither one of us.
3. For the whole month of July, my most dependable and reliable teacher went on maternity leave. I had to carry on additional tasks and assigned some works to the other teachers. Yet I soon found out that the other teachers took the absence and work of Mrs. Hornido upon their own shoulders. They were really quite responsible. I really do appreciate the teamwork here.
4. Martha got lbm from the food of a wedding banquet she attended at Crowne Plaza on July 30. The episode started early in the morning to late afternoon. She was absent from school the whole day and was feeling weak. If her condition worsen, we would bring her to the hospital. As I was in Cotabato, I worry as to who would take care of her in the hospital. Angel, my daughter-in-law volunteered to watch over her. I was greatly relieved. Martha got better though that night, but still Angel and the whole family slept with her in the room. I verily thank God for having Angel as my daughter-in-law.
4.That same night while I was talking to my family in Manila over the phone and praying hard for Martha to recover, another incident took place here in Cotabato. The maids of Tina ( my sister-in-law was vacationing in Baguio) were fighting violently in their own room. They were sisters though,  the younger girl stabbed the elder sister with a sharp scissors. Blood spurted all over. I went over their house to help take control of the situation but I got scared at the blood and the crying of the wounded maid. Instead I scolded  the perpetrator and told her to help her own sister. My maid was fast enough to help  with a tourniquet handkerchief. Dominic brought Tina's maid to the emergency clinic and she came home with a bandaged arm. We separated the two sisters that night, the wounded girl slept in my house and the other sister slept in theirs. Oh what a mess.
But everything is ok now. Martha is well and the violent maid was sent back home.

1 comment:

  1. wow that must have been scary... Your scolding not the stabbing. hehehe. Joke lng. Scary to think sa house lng natin.

    ReplyDelete