Pages

Monday, July 23, 2007

amazing search

Incredibly amazing how Lucy Teh from Malaysia was able to reach me while searching for a long lost friend in the person of Father Caroff. I posted about Father Caroff, OMI sometimes in February. Fascinating how this internet is able to fast track the search system. Incredible!
I talked to Father Caroff early this evening. He sounded good. He said he was very weak due to old age but I was glad he was able to return my call. He lives in remote Baguak, North Cotabato. There is no land line facility over there but he is able to communicate through his cellphone. The reception in Baguak was not good, he said. He was even thinking of replacing his cellphone unit because it was not working too good. That's Father Caroff for you despite his illness and disability. A lot of people loves him, I tell you.

1 comment:

  1. Heddy

    This internet throws up some strange things.

    I am Irish although I live near London England and I came across you Blog becauae I too used to know Fr Caroff. He baptised my daughter who is now 30 plus and her Godmother was Lucy Teh ! That was in Malaysia in 1976-77.

    I have managed to keep contact with Lucy and her wonderful husband Basil but I had lost all contact with Fr Caroff.

    I have also seen several French sites which seem out of date but Fr Caroff's Order - OMI appear to have posted a video very recently showing the man himself looking quite well for his age.

    Are you able to post an update on his health and the latest news from Baguak or Bugwak.

    Is there anything that Father really seriously needs? Last time I asked, over 30 years ago, he said an organ for the church would be nice, and although it seemed very expensive to him, the parish managed to raise the funds easily.


    Pat Stanley

    ReplyDelete