Pages

Friday, November 13, 2020

Typhoon Ulysses

10 days after super typhoon Rolly hit the Philippines, bypassing its eye at Metro Manila, this time typhoon Ulysses came with a vengeance and did not spare the populous city. It came with bigger wind and rain, and caught many by surprise because the media did not give it as much a big a warning and coverage like the super typhoon Rolly. My friend Imelda described the howling wind as “nakakatakot”. My daughter described the storm as the fiercest she ever experienced. At night I messaged my friends and relatives to pray. I was also praying incessantly that the typhoon would weaken, but alas it did not, and it hit a bigger swarm of the Philippine population. Many houses in the low lying area like Marikina City were submerged. Possessions were washed away, people were drenched and went up to rooftops to ask for help, while covid 19 was still very much around. My heart cry out to God for mercy. Lord do not forget your people. Maybe we had not pray enough? O Lord have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment