Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2020

July 2020

Today is August 1, 2020. This is a late posting because I was kind of busy and I was having a lot of emotions last July. But belatedly, I want to post some significant events and/or things that transpired despite being still cooped up at home.
1. This year July 12, my husband Lucas turned 80 years old. This year’s birthday was a stark contrast to last year’s, where in the celebration was held in Manila with all my children and their families, our siblings and kins and closed friends in attendance at Crowne Plaza Hotel. Even though we had previous plans to celebrate his birthday here in Cotabato this year, yet because of the pandemic, we had to simplify the ocassion. Instead of a party with our employees, we opted to share packed lunch with our workers at LCT Hardware during a busy working Saturday afternoon on July 11, the eve of his birthday. I ordered 85 individual snacks packs from Jollibee. Each bag contained 3 separate packages inside: chicken joy happy meal, spaghetti and hamburger. I also sent some snack packs to my sister Jeannette Yu, sister-in-law Rosita Chua and good friend Siolan Yap. Despite the simplicity, everybody was happy with the big merienda. We really do considered our workers and employees as part the family ever since. This time though, due to my paranoia of aerosol droplets, we specifically requested distancing and no singing of birthday song or blowing of candles inside the store. The next day July 12, I cooked for my husband, long life noodles and eggs for breakfast and shared them with my in-laws Luna and Tina. At 10:00 AM, we attended Sunday mass online together with our house helps. After the mass, Lucas and I had a family video chat with all our children, daughters-in-law and grandkids. Everybody greeted him a happy birthday. Despite having to spend this occasion quietly at home, I was mindful and thankful to God for his many blessings. Thank you O Lord.
2. The next Sunday after my husband’s birthday, I took the courage to request my hairdresser to come to the house for a home service haircut. Lucas, Tina, four helpers and myself availed of the house call. I did not have my hair dyed though, for I plan to wear my hair white naturally now. Saves me a lot of trouble. That Sunday was a feel-good-day for me, with my hair cut short.
3. But not everything was rosy in the home front. I was a overwhelmed with a lot of household concerns. Argh! breakdowns and wear and tear! The kitchen sink was leaking, the bathroom sink was clogged up, the air condition unit was leaking water inside the room, the water pressure pump wasn’t working well, and many many other things. I had to call a plumber to fix the water tank, the sinks, the faucet and the pipes. I had to call a serviceman too, to check and clean up my air conditioning unit. The fluorescent light and starter needed to be changed, etc, etc... On top of it, I was scared of the covid, of people coming to the house! Argh! You can imagine, I was a total wreck!!! O God help me! O Lord, please protect us!
4. I had many discomforts too. My throat hurt, my ear ached, my shoulders were sore. I had stiff neck, lumbar pain, gas, dry cough, itchiness, etc, etc. O help me Lord!
5. My husband too was having itchy back from prickly heat. Or fungal infection? I changed the beddings, searched for bed bugs, cleaned the room, applied medication, etc, etc.
5. Recently I found out that the newly hired housemaid was using too much detergent powder on our laundry. Triple the usual amount! We had to rinse all the clothes and underwear again. Argh!!!
6. Our home concerns are all pilling up and I have to worry about the covid. I earnestly pray for God to end the pandemic soonest. But Philippines is getting bad to worse reporting each day. I am frantic and in such panic. O Lord hear our prayers!
Maybe some years later, I will get back to see this post again. I hope everything will be okay by then. I am sure God hears all our prayers. Please mobilize all your angels and saints to help us, O Lord. I believe, I trust and I hope in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment