Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Prayers....

In this time of fear, uncertainty and anxiety, I pray to the Lord to ease my nerves. Lord, do not let this fear consume me. I have to calm down. My children all dispersed in different places communicate with me through messenger. They told me, from the social media account of Father Sormani; whom they follow, that the phrase  “Do not fear” appears in the Bible 365 times. In short, the Lord is telling me to trust him everyday. How can I not trust him. For insignificant as I am, I can verily and utterly attest that He has performed plentiful of miracles on me and my family in the course of my life. Increase my faith O God. Yes! I will pray and continue to trust you Lord.

Every night I pray for mercy, for me and my family and the whole world. The next morning, ironically, I get more bad news from my city, from my country specially in Metro Manila, even from USA and all over the world. But I will continue with my prayers until the Lord shall hear us all. As a people, we need to be more persistent in asking God’s mercy for we have greatly offended him. I know he is a merciful God. He can easily do great miracles but he wants us maybe, each person to cooperate with him in our own small way. The best thing we can do right now is to listen and cooperate with our leaders by staying home. Staying home, I try my best to take care of myself, my husband and the people in my household. My househelps, they are my companions now. They are relying on us and watching over us too. We need each other so much now. Sometimes, I still continue to pray anxiously, other times I muse and think a little. Perhaps instead of desperation, I should look into the little miracles that happen everyday. For my Lord may at times show some little encouragement to us daily. Last night, I was elated to learn that Prince Charles was released from his quarantine and Angela Merkel was tested negative twice from covid. Thank you my Lord for protecting the leaders. I pray He continues to protect our Philippine president Rodrigo Duterte. Our country needs a strong and caring leader, specially in this time of crisis. Our medical health care system is not world class. How can we survive if you do not take care of us, O Lord.

May God protect our Pope. Pope Francis is currently heavily burdened by this disaster in Italy and all over the world. I try to follow him in prayers. I stayed up late at night on the Feast of the Annunciation at one o’clock in the morning to participate in his benediction. We need somebody to shepherd us. Lord, please lighten the burden of his yoke. Help him O God. Your miracles happen everyday. I will be on the look out for your great mercy. You will not abandon us your flock. As you once saved your apostles amid the turbulent waves of the sea, you will save us too. We hope and we trust in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment