Pages

Friday, June 9, 2017

Random Things

I went to Manila last May 22, 2017 to repaint my second home. In fact to repaint the room of Roy and Emil to be exact. To date, I have been repainting one room per visit and here are the results:
Orange for Lucas' and mine room. Hehe.
Soothing green for the library/study.
Blue for the boys room

Aside from overseeing the work at home, I spent time and enjoyed walking at the park with Martha, the house-helps and Kiba (Martha's dog).
It was for walking of the dog primarily. Hahaha
Tetet and Kiba
Karen and Runa helping Martha walk the crazy dog. 

In Manila, I also met up with my siblings (sorry no pictures here) and ate out with Martha several times. One high light dinner with my daughter was a buffet at Shangrila Fort. We ate from 8 in the evening up to 10:30 closing time. I carefully chose what I like best and since most of my children were allergic to shellfish and we didn't cook them at home, so my first choice was to eat a plateful of the crustaceans first. My favorites were of course the lobsters and shrimps. The crabs and crayfish were kind of disappointing, but I used a lot of lemons for flavorful dipping. I went for second and third rounds. Hahaha. Another favorite was the peking duck. I asked for more slices of duck meat and went for another helping. Their siopao was also good. I ate few slices of yellow fin tuna, salmon and mackerel. However at the end, I opted to skip the cakes and pastries, instead I had lemon sorbet for my dessert and topped it with plentiful of big fresh strawberries. Lemon sorbet and fresh strawberries were perfect blend. It was such a wonderful dinner. I could not however eat that much and so heavily everyday. This was just a special night I randomly planned with my daughter Martha. What a lovely evening!
My first plateful! Hehehe
With Martha after a sumptuous dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment