Pages

Friday, October 7, 2016

In Faith

Today October 7 is the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary. I have been praying the rosary since I became a young caring mother to my children. My children were mostly very sickly. I could not in my own capacity cope up with them. I was frantic, ignorant, worthless and wretched. I could not simply endure the many problems and trials that came my way. I was a total wreck, so I came to the Divine Mother for help. Reciting the rosary has calmed me down. It has helped me in times of difficulty. Sometimes help comes fast and sometimes even miraculously predestined in times of danger. Through my prayers, I have become more hopeful and trusting. Even though some prayers take time to be answered, and although at times it may seem so difficult to accept the will of God, yet I will continue to hold on to the string of beads in my hand and with the help of God, may it strengthen my faith even more. Reciting the rosary keeps me going. Now that I am nearing 65 years old, I am more scared of what the future holds. I am only comforted at the thought of our loving Lord who died on the cross for us. And that my divine mother who held him close to her bosom has taught me a way to get near him by constantly praying the rosary.

On this occasion of the Feast of Our Lady, let me show you some of my rosaries:
Fragrant red beads on the living room buffet table. I use this almost daily.
Rosary from Rome given by cousin Nelly Co, is on my bedside.
My traveling rosary, given to me by Tom after a year of exchanged student program stint from Oregon.
Rosary from Fatima, Portugal given by sister-in-law Conchita Tan.
From Jerusalem given by Mildred Lim.
A bracelet rosary from Boracay given by sister-in-law Jean Ledesma. I dipped this one in the pool water of Lourdes, France. It used to be my traveling rosary before but the crucifix got detached on the plane during one of my flights. I still keep this inside my bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment