Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Return to Japan

Japan is a dreamland! It is clean and safe and the people are courteous, polite and helpful. When I went there for a vacation last year on March 1, 2014 with my siblings, I was so fascinated with the country, that I wished I could go back again with my husband and children for another vacation. So early on this year I started planning for a trip to Japan. I wanted to enjoy the tour with my family specially with my son Roy who lives and works in United States. But, alas, after calculating the expenses, I had to shelf it off for I think the cost was too steep and beside Roy was transferring job anyway.
When Martha and Marion went home for the holy week in April though, they voiced their eagerness to proceed with the trip. I quickly inquired from my travel agent. She offered me a discount and thus we hurriedly applied for the visa. For the final tabulation, my travel agent gave me another one percent discount.
So I went back to Japan for leisure tour this time with my husband Lucas and my twins Martha and Marion this April 2015. We were a congregation of 38 tourists from the Philippines. Our travelling companions were nice people. I met Evangeline and her husband Jose Chua. We somehow knew some common friends and relatives from Cotabato. Lucas was the oldest male and person among the group. He did not give us any major problem though. My girls took good care of their father. Together we even took rides at theme parks such as Spiderman, Back to the Future, Indiana Jones, 20,000 League Under the Sea, etc. The girls though took the more scary rides themselves such as the Hollywood Dream Ride, House of Terror, Center of the Earth etc. I loved travelling with Martha and Marion, they paced themselves for us during free days. We walked the whole stretch of Shin Sai Bashi in Osaka and more. We took commuter train rides in Tokyo. Got lost a bit but found our way to the fish market and ate superb sushi, rolled by one single masterchef in the dinning area. To this day, the best sushi I have ever eaten or was I just simply very hungry, hehehe. We went on tour to the 5th station at Mt. Fuji. Martha had her first snow encounter at Mt. Fuji. We enjoyed going to Hakone for the hot spring view and ate the black spring eggs, hehehe to supposedly to prolong our lives, hahaha. During my morning breakfast with Lucas on the top floor at Osaka and Tokyo hotels, many times we were given window seats overlooking the skyline. I looked at Osaka and Tokyo with awe and envy. How I wished I could live in a country that's clean and safe and orderly like Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment