Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Shopping

I am not a compulsive shopper, but I enjoy shopping and sometimes window shopping. In Cotabato, I buy only what is necessary, but when I am in Manila, I love looking at the latest fashion and accessories. How I wish I were that slim to fit into those dresses. The next best thing I do is buy clothes for my daughters because they belong to those extra small and small sizes. But when it comes to spending for my own self, I choose things pretty quickly. I am not very meticulous and I am easy to please. Often times, I am up to date in my get up but I am sure nobody really pays much attention to how I look.
Some years ago, when ladies of the houses in Cotabato City went crazy with Chinese ornamental jars, I stayed put. I actually thought those gigantic vases were some kind of a cheap imitation. One day, I bought a small Ching dynasty antique saucer. (there were excavation sites of buried porcelain in Dulawan). I bought the antiquated piece from a local Chinese dealer and displayed it on the shelf.....but alas my maids soon broke it into pieces. That's the end of my mocked up porcelain acquisition.
Shopping is mostly done during Christmas time but I rather give baked goodies to friends rather than buy trifle things that nobody really want. Sometimes though, I am possessed by Mrs. Jolly Good Christmas Spirit and splurge on nicer gift items. It makes me happy to be a little generous during the yuletide season.
Whenever I go abroad, I spend more on food than shopping. My luggage allocation never gets over weight. But woe, each time I reach home, I don't have enough presents to give everybody.
Shopping for clothes sometime is a bit tedious. Obviously because I don't have the figure for good suitability. However few days ago, I went shopping with my children at the greenbelt area and I was just so happy to finally find the right place to buy short length but oversize pants. They were just the right fit for me and no need for alteration. One pair was a little bit costly though. No matter, for now I know where to find the store for my proper fit. I also bought one dress for my daughter and I was really happy to spend my time and money shopping with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment