Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Preparing Myself

Every time my children pass through hurdles and achieve a milestone; I am always filled with great pride. But somehow, I don't know why, in every commencement towards a new undertaking, I have always experienced some kind of a deep pang and become teary eyed. Is it due to the knowledge of their coming independence? Knowing that they will soon be departing from the comfort of my wings? Some such occasions were:
1. When Roy entered Philippine Science High School.
2. When he graduated.
2. When Tom and Emil (at different times) left for USA for their student exchange program.
3. On each occasion of my children's graduation either BS and/or MS.
4. When Roy left Philippines to work in Singapore.
5. When Emil left for work in Cebu.
6. When Tom got married. ( This even surprised me, I just shed tears uncontrol-ably when I saw him marched towards the altar. )
6. etc and many more....
Presently, I am now preparing myself for Marion when she shall leave for her one year study in UK next week. Even though I am a bit of a paranoid mother, I hate over thinking things. I trust my God to take control of the reins. I pray that He will have pity and compassion on us and give us his blessings abundantly. May I request my readers to please pray for Marion's safe and successful journey too. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Ma, for always taking care of us. Thank you most especially for your love and prayers for all of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha....with God's help and blessings :) I thank the Lord for all of you.

    ReplyDelete