Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

earthquakes

There was a mild tremor at around 9pm here in cotabato last night. There was also an intensity 5.5 in Manila the other night. As I exchanged text messages with my children and siblings...I was again reminded of my own horrifying experience in 1976. I told them to be careful and to be alert and to check on their flashlights. I am so scared of disaster and sickness.....
As I watch CNN, I feel a great pain for the people of Haiti for the big damage that the very recent earthquake has caused them. I feel sad that many UN peacekeepers have died in Port-Au-Prince too. It's a pity that these heroic men have to die. They could have been a big help in this time of crisis. I can't imagine how desperate are all the victims of the earthquake right now. It has come to my mind that with the cloud of dust enveloping the city, how many lung diseases such as asthma would ensue within 24 hours. With no electricity and water and shelter...............Oh God, please have mercy on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment