Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Chaos at school

First day chaos at school - I punched in about 5 minute late, just right after the flag ceremony. I thought everybody else will come in early but I was terribly wrong: the principal was absent, the school custodian as absent, the kindergarten Chinese department head was late and couldn't care less, the school registrar was late and the school helper was absent. Classrooms from kindergarten to high school couldn't be open because nobody knew where the keys were. When they were finally opened, the classrooms were oh so dirty. (Primary and high school classrooms were opened even much later.) One of the kiddie classrooms became the nest station of the birds. The pile of leaves and rubbish where half a drum full. Parents helped the teachers sweep up the floor. I was kind of concerned that some pupils maybe be sensitive to the dust and dirt. The nursery pupils waited outside while we cleaned up the room. And I have a new memo for schedule of examination to be printed, but nobody knew how to operate the machine. Nobody is authorized to operate the machine except the custodian. The school can not function without her this morning, and they talk about me becoming the next principal. No thank you. I better hand in my resignation soonest possible!

2 comments:

  1. Whoa real chaos. haha :D the school should have cleaned up the weekend before the school started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, supposedly! They have no right to let school children come to school when they are all still vacationing! I guess the school is really self surviving. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete