Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

News from Blacksburg


Yesterday morning, I woke up to the news from Blacksburg, Virginia. There was shooting incident on campus at Virginia Tech where my son Roy is taking his graduate studies. Although I received a text message from Roy immediately regarding his safety, I still panic. I wanted to know if everything was alright over there. I followed up most of the news from cnn, yahoo and Roy's site. My niece Grace who was on a business trip in China was the first one to call home to tell us Roy was ok. Relatives and friends called and texted me to inquire about Roy's safety. I told them Roy's ok. Thank God he was at home in his apartment when the shooting incident happened. All Filipino students in VT were safe and accounted for. Thank God for all their safety.


No comments:

Post a Comment